About this Policy
We are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you provide us and ensuring that we comply with all applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1993 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the extent that it applies.
This policy sets out how we collect, record, use, disclose and protect your personal information. By entering any of our stores, asking us to provide any services or continuing to use our website, you consent to us processing your personal information in the manner set out in this policy.
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of third party websites or the manner in which those websites deal with any personal information you may provide to them.
We may update this policy from time to time, changes will take effect immediately on publication. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest terms.
Information That We Collect
We collect information so that we can provide you with our goods and services. The information that we collect from you will depend on the services that are being provided. We will only collect personal information that is relevant and limited to what is necessary and appropriate in relation to its purpose. You can choose not to provide personal information to us; however, it may mean that we are unable to provide you with certain services.
- Directly From You - Some information we collect directly from you: This may include things such as, your name, physical and / or postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic information, Drivers License details, bank account details, credit card details (NB: we do not record, transmit or otherwise retain credit card details in our environment at any level; transactions are through specialized hosted payment gateway providers with the highest data protection credentials and security protocols), employment information, musical preferences and abilities and details of communication that we have with you (whether in person, by phone or by email).
- Automatically - We also collect information automatically, including the IP address of your device when connected to the Internet; specific location information (e.g. from your mobile GPS), the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet; the operating system and the browser your computer uses and any search engine you are using, the date and time you are visiting, the URLs of the pages you visit, cookies (small pieces of information that are stored in a browser-related file on your computer's hard drive when you use our website) and other hardware and software information. We may use third party providers to help us with collecting this information.
- From a Third Party - Where we collect personal information about you from a third party source, we will take reasonable steps to make you aware of such collection and to make you aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information from that third party source. For some services, we may request that you provide - or are subject to - background reference checks or credit checks. We will obtain your consent before carrying out background or credit checks. If you refuse to provide or undergo a background reference check or credit check, in these circumstances, we may refuse you access to the service.
- In-Store Surveillance - We use camera surveillance systems at our stores nationwide, with images digitally recorded and securely stored. Surveillance systems are used to promote a safe environment by deterring acts of harassment or assault, deter theft and vandalism, to assist in the identification of individuals who commit damage to our property, to assist law enforcement agencies with regard to the investigation of any crime that may be depicted and to assist in daily operations. Only authorised individuals have access to recordings and those recordings will be used solely for the purpose that they were collected, with consent of an individual, or without consent if allowed by law. Images will not be altered in any material way. Recordings may be captured in real time or preserved for review at a later date.
Use of Your Information
The personal information we collect about you will be used to provide services to you and operate our website, we use this information to:
- Communicate with you (by phone, email, text message, letter or other contact method), respond to questions or provide you with information about goods or services.
- Provide services to you including processing payment for goods or services, providing you with shipping services or verifying your identity, address or credit worthiness.
- Improve your experience with us including creating an account with us, eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, ranking search results, delivering information you might be interested in, such as recommendations and content specific to your interests
- Improve, monitor and manage our website and services.
- Conduct internal research and development, analyse website usage, trends and statistics
- Advertising or marketing including sending you customised advertising, running giveaways or promotions, measure and improve our advertising
- Detect and prevent fraud, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Resolve disputes, enforce agreements or our Terms and Conditions, conduct investigations
- Carry out any other use that is authorised by you, notified to you at the time of collection or allowed by law
Disclosure of your Information
- To our employees and contractors in order to provide services to you
- To third party service providers in order to perform tasks on our behalf, including payment service providers, freight companies, repair agents, credit reference and reporting agencies and debt collection agencies.
- To third parties where your identity is anonymous for marketing and advertising purposes, improvements to our website and services, industry and market analysis and other business related purposes.
- To authorities or other parties to uphold the law including for legal compliance, law enforcement, legal proceedings, to protect property, rights or personal safety, to enforce any legal rights we may have.
- When we have your consent to disclose the information or when we are required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Storage of your Information
We are committed to keeping your personal information as safe and secure as possible. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information against loss or misuse and against unauthorised access, use, loss, modification, or disclosure. We continuously implement and update our data security measures.
Where we store your personal information will depend on the nature and purpose of the information and the manner in which you supply it to us. You authorise us to transfer, store, and process your personal information in New Zealand and possibly other countries that comply with New Zealand privacy legislation.
We delete personal information after it is no longer reasonably necessary for us to use it unless we are legally required to hold it longer. Personal information that is deleted by you may remain for a limited time in our backup systems.
In the event a potentially harmful data breach of your personal information occurred we would notify you and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Managing Your Information
It is important that your personal information held by us is correct, complete and up to date. You are entitled to access that information and have a right to correct it or request that it be deleted. If we are unable to provide you with access to the information, we will let you know why in accordance with Privacy laws. There may be reasons why we cannot delete certain information, for example where we have a legal obligation to retain it.
- You can update or delete your website profile by logging in and updating the information in your profile.
- You can unsubscribe to automated emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on the email itself. Your musical interests / abilities or other information provided when signing up to the mailing list can also be updated through a link on the email.
- To update or delete any other personal information, please contact us directly.
Data Protection Officer
If you would like to access your personal information, make a complaint about a privacy breach or have any other query in relation to data protection and your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer below
Telephone: 09 377 6349
Mail: PO Box 132-015, Sylvia Park, Auckland 1644